Minnovate is Minnesota Wire's Research & Development division, which is a leader in the wire, cable and interconnects industries. We obtain funding through the execution of high technology R&D grants to develop materials and systems that create products of novel properties and enhance performance. Minnovate's purpose is to improve the signal integrity and mechanical properties of the traditional interconnect infrastructure and drive it into the future. You will see many of our advances in places such as military wire, medical wires and industrial wires today.
Our vision of interconnect performance is manifest in the commercial areas that we are currently pursuing R&D programs in. These efforts have led to the invention of the world's first wire that can actually stretch (iStretch®) along with our UltraLight series of non-metallic conductors (iStealth®). These new technologies will have a profound effect on medical wires, industrial wires and military wire in the future.
- Elastomeric Interconnect Solutions using "Stretchy" Wire (iStretch Series of Products)
- Prognostic Health Management (PHM) Medical Wires for in-situ monitoring and prognosis of faults using two technologies (spread-spectrum time domain reflectometry (SSTDR) and CNT sacrificial shields)
- Non-Metallic Wire using carbon nanotubes (CNT) (iStealth Series of Products)
- Fatigue Resistant Wire using unique polymers, elastomeric wire and/or CNT
- Embedded Wire for airborne applications
- Line Replaceable Units (LRU) which house circuitry inside molds
- Arc suppression incorporated into industrial wires which greatly decreases noise from primaries and enhances the life of relays and circuitry.
- Contact us today for more information on our research and development services.